Friday, May 8, 2009

Views from home in Chonburi


View from the front of the apartment, outside my room window


Looking out the back

Ra gave me some god awful tasting concoction to help combat jet lag this evening. The brand name on the outside is "Scotch: 100% essence of chicken." That is the only thing that I can read on the little self serve container so I have no idea what it is really made of. The rest of the label consists of Thai and what I guess to be Chinese. After tasting it, I promise you it is not chicken, at least not any tasty, recognizable parts! Swig it down at night before I go to bed and again in the morning. Ra warned me not to smell it, curiosity got the best of me. Though, being an avid drinker, I have enjoyed shots far worse than this. I get to look forward to another dose by doctor Ra in the morning. It must be working though! I woke up at four in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Insomnia following the same patterns as when I am in the States! Entertained myself with the new "Office" episode online and read some Bradbury. Sun came up and I got inspired to take some shots. My new home!

4 comments:

  1. Bradbury- The Illustrated Man perhaps?? The updates are lovely- keep them coming, tho I expect you'll get pretty busy pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By essence of chicken, maybe they meant "foul"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be correct, Rob! Perfect short stories for these long nights ;)

    ReplyDelete